The Moore Balance Brace™ (MBB) is the original balance brace and the only one clinically proven to reduce postural sway and increase postural stability*. The MBB is a custom-made AFO designed to reduce the risk and incidence of falls in the elderly and high risk populations.
The MBB is best utilized in conjunction with a comprehensive fall prevention protocol which may include strength training, certain environmental changes in the home, physical therapy and other related specialties.
The MBB is typically prescribed bilaterally.
Features & Options
- Easy to reach and pull Velcro® straps
- Polypropylene shell providing lightweight, stable support around the foot and ankle
- Low-profile & open dorsal design allows for easy shoe fitting & increased compliance
- Heel stabilizing post maximizing balance & stability
- Lightweight, durable polyester cloth covering
- Custom ankle stabilization providing maximum somatosensory feedback
- Plastazote™ interface providing comfortable shock absorption to the heel, plantar surface & tongue
- Custom orthosis provides arch support and midfoot stability while allowing the forefoot & toes to be anchored for increased balance
- Difficulty walking and/or maintaining balance
- History of falls
- Vestibular disorder
- Chronic ankle Instability
- Arthritic ankle
- Stroke Imbalance/foot drop
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy
Suggested L Codes: L1940, L2330, L2820
*Study: Clinical Biomechanics, December 2014